Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A little catch up

I’m so sorry I haven’t written for a while. Seems like life has been very, very full since we got home from America!


Just to let you in behind the scenes, we have been busy with church, gearing up for conferences, listening to mixes for the album, normal family life, and everything else that manages to squeeze itself into our days.


I’m so thrilled with the album! The mixes are sounding wonderful!!! In fact we decided to do a bonus track of the live version of Hungry I led on the Friday night in Bethel, so I was in the studio re-singing that yesterday.


I’m delighted that we get to do the live album like this - where we had the opportunity to lead worship on four separate occasions in Bethel (really let us choose the best take without having to focus too much on the actual recording at the time - felt much more like just leading worship), whilst at the same time having the time to re-sing everything afterwards. The thing I love the most about this is that you don’t lose any of the passion of the worship moment, and yet you get to smooth out some of the pitchy singing. I don’t know about you, but I get pretty excited when I’m leading worship, and I don’t intend to change that, but it can sound a little edgy at times - not always something you want to press repeat on afterwards :) In the words of Miley Cyrus - it’s the best of both worlds.... (you can tell how old our kids are eh?)


Church is wonderful too. It’s brimming over. Easter was stunning! More than 1000 people turned up at our two Coleraine services, and another almost 100 in Ballymena. The reason that excites us quite so much isn’t the numbers, but the fact that lives are changing in our town!!!! That is the reason we came to plant a church. We long to see the kingdom come, with people finding who they were made to be, falling in love with an incredible God, and ultimately changing the communities in which we live - regardless of which church they decide to go to. I LOVE it!!!!!


On the family front, the girls are doing so well! They loved their time in America - they even went to school for a couple of days while we were away. They have decided that American school is about a million times better than home because they didn’t have to do any work while they were there! I have tried hard to explain that it’s not quite the same when you are a visitor, that in real life American kids have to work really hard too (not sure they believe me yet). Despite this, they have settled really well back into school and life at home.


And, we started puppy school last week too! Our dog Charlie is coming up on 7 months and he is FULL of personality! He’s a sock stealing, laundry lifting bundle of fun, and we are loving having him in our family!!! I won’t mind when he has spent a little time learning the rules of engagement just a little more thoroughly though ;) Will keep you posted on how we get on with our lessons.


SO, that is a round up of what has been going on with us.


God bless you in your own circumstances, with the unique things that fill your days, that stretch your thinking and expand your heart....


K

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for the catch up. I know you say that the album will be available in August sometime - can you tell me where it will be available from?

Love, Katrinax

23 April, 2010 09:12  
Blogger Eric Rutgrink said...

Hi Kathryn,
Just got back from 'the church has left the building' in Winchester. It was fantastic to be equipped by you and the crazy team from causeway. Loved it! Would love to come with some guys to 'be guests' up there some time. Thanks for your input and for sharing your journey with us.
Look forward to hearing some of your new material too.
Bless you and your family,
Eric from Thameside church, Reading UK

01 May, 2010 16:39  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kathryn,

This is really just a shot in the dark since I am not sure if you still update or receive comments for this blog. I am a stay-at-home mom of 3 little girls (soon to be four) and I am the worship leader at our church. I was so blessed--you have no idea!-- to see you in person at the Integrity Conference at Rolling Hills Community Church in Portland, Oregon last summer. Okay, okay, I have so much to say, but I know you are a busy woman. Bottom line: Do you have any suggestions for how to become a better worship leader? I know that is sooooo broad, but I've been doing this 10 years and still feel like I'm scratching the surface:)...I so long to be God's best in this and feel like I lack in so many areas! Should I just keep attending conferences, reading books, spending time with the Lord, etc.? I know you said Brian Doerksen really mentored you at one point in life...Do I prayerfully pursue a mentor? Well, even if this goes directly into cyberspace, I feel a little better getting this out there. If you do get a chance to comment back, great, or you can email me at woosterweester@aol.com. Blessings on you! Thanks for all the awesome teaching and worship. You have no idea what a difference it makes for those of us in the trenches.
Much Love,
Rory

31 August, 2010 23:57  
Anonymous sharon said...

Hi Kathryn, I don't know how else to get in touch with you. I am creating a video slide for a Christian women's group and would love to use your song 'I Belong' as the background music. I would like your permission to do this. It is completely non-profit and I will give you credit. Please can you get in touch at sharon.famonure@gmail.com

Blessings,
sharon

01 September, 2010 16:36  
Blogger Will Riddle said...

I love this new album. I feel like it brings your gift into a spiritual context where it more naturally fits.

By the way, your girls are probably right about most American education. That's part of why huge numbers of Americans homeschool.

08 September, 2010 04:32  
Blogger Comfort Food with Mary Hannah said...

Hi Kathryn: I just want to thank you for the wonderful worship. It has been a source of comfort to me and inspiration. I first purchased the CD, Satisfy, and lent it to my friend, who is a Woman's Pastor and visits prisoners. Your CD was played at a visit and it was appreciated. I especially like the Keith Green song, There is a Redeemer.
I just want to encourage you, keep doing what you are doing. May God bless you and your family. Please come to Quebec someday!
Mary Ann Madigan
Montreal, Quebec

09 March, 2011 00:32  
Blogger Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Hi dear..

Just a little note to let you know that we are listening to your music and songs and heart and that we feel so blessed by it all. I love your passion for God and His people. Bless your heart and thoughts and your family.

Stay close to Him,
Pauline

10 May, 2011 18:45  
Blogger Carole said...

Dear Kathryn,

My husband and I are praying fervently to be more and more of use for ministry through music. I'm a singer and guitar player. I've been playing for 3 years now and am taking vocal lessons. I'm so thrilled with the gift. It's like opening the gift of a lifetime when you discover what God gave you to use to proclaim His glory. How did you do it Kathryn? Can you help us fill in those invisible steps to us right now? I'm thinking I need to record a demo and copyright it next. We've got about a dozen songs right now. I've written Integrity Music, Sparrow Records, and others to get more info on the label process. It'll be my first time on stage Dec 31st at our church. I'm looking forward to working with the music director soon. Is there anything that has helped you that you would recommend? We're about an hour away from Nashville, TN. (I first heard of you on accuradio.com)
Thank you & may God bless you
Carole

28 December, 2011 20:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home