Sunday, January 17, 2010

WORKING ON SONGS...

I’m working away at the moment on finishing the songs for the new album. I’m so tantalizingly close now!!


It looks like we’ll be recording next month, and we are planning to do a live event this time around. It will unlike any live recording I’ve done before - with the exception of the Focusfest album. Every time I’ve done a live recording before the focus has been on capturing the songs, over the flow of worship. That’s what I love about the Focusfest album though - on that recording, I wasn’t thinking about the album at all, I was simply there to lead worship - and I love what happened!!


Somehow, on this recording I really feel like we need to capture the sense of the presence of God and what He does when He shows up in room, whilst at the same time be able to fix up mistakes and so on afterwards so that we have something excellent as well.


When I’m teaching about worship it’s those two things that I keep coming back to - intimacy with God and excellence in music. I’m longing for both. That’s the offering I want to bring: not one where the Lord shows up, but I’ve not done my part to make it sound amazing - OR one where I’ve done my bit but there’s no room for the King.


As we get the exact dates sorted out and the exact venue (should know in a couple of days) I will let you know. If you live nearby I would be honored if you would come and be a part of it!!!


Love,

K

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that the music you recorded on 'Satisfy' has meant so much to my myself and my wife. Thanks for the music. I'll check our your other projects as well. Hope all goes well with the latest album. Greetings from Ohio... Jason and Nita

17 January, 2010 16:41  
Blogger John said...

and greetings from berkeley, ca. a search for "blessed be your name" led to you. looking forward to hearing more.

18 January, 2010 17:46  
Anonymous Judy said...

I am so looking forward to your new album. May the place be spirit filled!

26 January, 2010 16:29  
Blogger christen said...

Hey Kathryn!
My name is Christen Pagett and I attend the Vineyard in Salem, Oregon. I read a post of yours from awhile ago, a long while ago (2007) talking about a worship internship opportunity.
I do piano and vocals for the worship team at my church and occasionally lead. So, I'm wondering if you are still doing internships or not . . . I would definitely be interested!

Thanks so much for your heart of worship!!
Christen Pagett

26 January, 2010 20:55  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi I am from BC, were you singing with Brian doing Today? on may 17,2007? Lawrence

09 February, 2010 19:26  
Blogger Melissa Leathley said...

Hi Kathryn,
I love your music and am enjoying hearing you for the first time. I especially love Child Of God. I would like to sing this song at my upcoming women's retreat in May and was wondering if it's possible to get the DVD that is playing with the song on YouTube. I don't need the background music because I'm going to play the keyboard. Can you help??
Thanks again for your wonderful gift!
Melissa from Nevada City, Califfornia

14 February, 2010 01:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kathryn, My Name is Damain I love your music. The lord have certainly bless you with a wonderful and unique voice. I write a lot of gospel music as well and would love for you to sing one of my songs.
I live in montegoBay, Jamaica My email is damain_hayle@yahoo.com. I look forward in hearing from you or a representative. God Bless.

14 June, 2011 18:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home