Wednesday, October 14, 2009

going home

Wow! I can hardly believe that I get to go home today!!


We have had a great time together on this tour! The presence of the Lord has been so thick as we’ve led worship together, and watched ‘heaven touch the room’ during beautifully intimate moments in songs like ‘Holy God’, ‘Glorious’, and ‘I Belong’. I feel so privileged to get to do this with my friends - and so see songs that we’ve written doing what they written for. Every time I write a song it’s done with the express purpose of helping someone else connect the dots between their heart and the Father’s. Nothing touches me deeper than seeing that happen right there in the room as we sing the song. Amazing!! I’m never going to get tired of that!


The tour was also a lot of fun in the sleeping dept :) The tour bus was an amazing bus - but it’s still a bus, and it moves! Sleeping in a bed that moves is definitely an art form, and one that I’m not well versed in yet. We did three nights in a row - and I think we were all pretty wiped by the time we stepped off that part of the tour. Hotels are definitely my preferred option ;)


We do however get to do this all again next month!! (including the bus.... gulp). I don’t know if you live anywhere near Cleveland OH, but if you do, maybe you would like to book in for the next Deeper conference. I just think you would love every minute of it, and there’s still time to register. You can check out the details at Integritylive.com


We’ll also be doing concerts in Boston, Buffalo and Pittsburg while we make our way down to Virginia Beach for another worship conference. I’d so encourage you to make it along if you can. There is something really unique about having three people leading worship together, who are seasoned writers and leaders, and also great friends. It really has been something else in those meetings - I’d hate for you to miss it :)


Love,

K


p.s. thank you SO much to all of you who have written to me, or spoken to me at conferences or concerts. Your encouragement, and the way you’ve told me the stories of how the Lord has met with you has refreshed me to the core! Thank you for sharing your journey with me. I’m so grateful!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger DC said...

Thank you Kathryn for being a part of a great team of worship leaders in Memphis, TN. We enjoyed it so much. My husband leads the worship music in our church. God has blessed him with a gift of leading others to worship Him. I help him at the piano as best that I can. Our daughter is a singer, songwriter and one of her albums is Vertically Challenged. She is a "wee" bit taller than you at 6'. She also recognizes the challenges (opportunities) that God puts before us. She loves leading others to worship. We are thankful God is using her in that way. Our son loves to worship God through His word and through the music. We are truly blessed. May God continue to bless your ministry as you lead and encourage others to know Him.

15 October, 2009 18:58  
Anonymous Justine Loker said...

Kathryn, your singing is more amazing in person than on your cd's. My husband and I really enjoyed the Memphis worship conference. The whole band did an outstanding job of being "real". We appreciate you all giving of your time and talent. God bless your ministry. Justine

20 October, 2009 23:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home