Sunday, August 30, 2009

Saw this and it made me smile

I was hanging out with Rita and Cherie Baloche a couple of months ago. And as we were walking around a little store in Bushmills, I saw this book. What a cool title!! And what a real truth!!!

When we are writing songs - wrestling with the lyrics, crafting the melody - we have no real say over what will happen with it after it’s ‘born’. That’s the Lord’s part.

The truth is that if the Lord is on it, that song will grow legs. It’ll go places we never even thought of, let alone would be able to go to. It’ll touch hearts in ways that we never even dreamt of, at times when those hearts needed to hear the whisper of God in just that way at just that moment.

The way God uses music blows me away time and time again.

So, if you’re writing, and maybe feeling like it’s never going to make an impact or a difference - I just want to remind you... ideas have legs... The Lord will take it and use it exactly the way He has in mind....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Grace Phua said...

Hi, Kathryn,
Thanks for penning this post down :) It truly spoke to me.
Continue in His love, God bless!

~ Grace, Singapore.

04 September, 2009 15:41  
Blogger .a. said...

Hi Kathryn =) It's Amy H. (we hung out @ break forth canada conference a couple years back) This post totally spoke to me too, I wanted to share with you -- I've been leading children's worship at our church and about a month back I taught them your song "You gave your life away" (the chorus part in particular because it's easy for the kids to sing) so, I sing it and then get them to sing the chorus with me -- and I wish you could hear their little voices sing it out!!! They get so into it =) Talk about your songs having legs =) They have some small ones in Southern California =) Anyways, hope you're well!!
-- love, amy

09 September, 2009 22:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home