Friday, November 28, 2008

the tour - and CMS conference

Firstly I want to say a huge thank you to all of you who have been writing to me and encouraging me - I so deeply appreciate you all!

I cannot believe how quickly our tour went!!  I was planning to write after each concert - but there wasn't much time to sleep - so I chose to sleep when I got the chance :)

We started off in Abbotsford - had a wonderful concert there!!!  It's Brian's hometown - and so, all the family, and the families of all the band members were there too - it really was a brilliant night!

The next day we flew off to Calgary - again, it was a great evening.  I love that the Lord shows up like He does, even in the middle of a concert!!  But then again, that's the only reason that we do what we do!!!

Early (too, too early :) the next morning, we flew to Winnipeg.  I got to spend the afternoon with my lovely friend Mary McClean (she's the lady who wrote 'Creator King') - we hadn't seen each other in person for 9 years - so that was a special day!!  

That evening was special too - we drove to Steinbach - which is where Brian's Dad Harry grew up - and we did our concert there, with Harry as a special guest.  It was a beautiful concert!

The next morning - all too early again - we flew out to Ottawa.  Ottawa is somewhere I'd never been - and I don't think I quite expected it to be SO beautiful!  It's a breathtaking city - if you haven't been, but you get the chance, you show definitely go.  It reminded me of Edinburgh in Scotland - I really loved it there.

The concert that night was in a beautiful old church called 'Dominion Chalmers' - it's about 150 years old, and is a stunning building - complete with the smell of aged wood - it felt like the church I grew up in at home.

The guys in Ottawa know how to party!!!  We had an amazing time together!!!!

After that I had a couple of days off - so I went to SoCal to catch some rays - these are the things you just have to do when you live in N. Ireland.  I spent two and half days there, and felt like I experienced a whole Irish summer (if you live in the UK, you know what I mean ;)

I got to stay with my great friends Steve and Cindy Rethmeier - and Cindy then flew with me up to Seattle for the CMS conference.

This conference is one of my favourites - the guys there, Bruce Adolph and Matt Kees have a special place in my heart!!  If you haven't been before, they do the most excellent conferences - and have started doing different locations throughout the year - please do check them out.

I've been home now for a couple of weeks.  I love, love, love being with my husband and kids!!!!  I just might have the best family in the world!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you in Calgary Kathryn and I thought you were awesome. Your songs lead me to the heart of God. So thank you.

Kate H.

15 December, 2008 20:54  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had the opportunity to go to CMS at Overlake in WA this year. It was amazing! And it was so awesome that you were there!! During the worship, I closed my eyes & it was like being in my living room listening to my "I Belong" cd! Thank you so much for your passion for worshipping Jehovah & leading others to His Throne! God bless you and your family.

09 January, 2009 08:25  
Blogger She Says Electric said...

Hi Kathryn,

It's been a few months since CMS Overlake, but it is still ringing in my ears. My husband, fellow band mates and I had a really great time.

Hearing you share and briefly meeting you over by the Integrity merch table was a special treat.

The last song that you did on your performance night was (I believe) "Will Justice Reign." What a beautiful and moving song! I loved it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Connie

17 January, 2009 21:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathryn, thank you for coming to CMS! I was there and had a wonderful time, but the highlight for me was worship time with you. I hope you come next year, too! I went to the women in worship class you did, and I was so impressed by how down to earth you are. :-) You are a gift! God bless you!

18 January, 2009 04:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home