Thursday, October 05, 2006

been busy

I seem to have been busier than usual the last couple of weeks - I'm writing for my new album at the moment, and I'm writing seminars for CMS in November. It's wonderful to be giving time to this again though. I don't know about you, but I need deadlines - because life goes at a hundred miles an hour all the time - and sometimes I need to know what needs done NOW before it gets on the schedule.

On the songwriting front - I'm working towards doing some more co-writes (I'll keep you posted on how I get on). I love what happens when it's more than just me staring at the drawing board! It's a lot more exciting I think!! Interestingly, when I started writing properly, I wasn't that keen on co-writing. It sort of felt like a cop out - I wanted to know that I could do it myself. Somewhere along the line though, I got a little more secure that God really has called me to do this - He really is the God of abundance - if this is something he has in mind for you, you won't be a 'one song' wonder - whether those songs leave your living room or not :)

On the CMS front - I'm SO excited to be going to the States again and to be doing more teaching. This is a major learning curve for me, but one that I'm enjoying... whether or not the people who come to those seminars enjoy it or not remains to be seen :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on songwriting. When you first start your music is very personal. It's always personal, but more so in the manner that you will take criticism and/or suggestions a little more personally. I have really enjoyed the co writing I've done. It's great for those songs that just need a little something that you just can't put your finger on. And you are right, if this is something that you (and I) are called to do, the songs will keep coming, God will keep speaking and singing. Have fun writing and it'll be great to hear what God is doing.

12 October, 2006 21:25  
Blogger Charis said...

Quite the jet-setter these days ay?! I hope that your time in the US is great...anyone who hears you speak will be blessed out of their socks i'm sure! You are wonderful! Looking forward to hearing your new stuff too...yay!
Love you***

16 October, 2006 06:18  
Blogger Kenny said...

Having input from other people has always been a help to me. I think we can be our own worst critics. For me, a lot of patience to stick with ideas has come from other people. Collaborations can bring out the best parts of your writing that you don't always see yourself.

This is my first visit to your blog Kathryn. The songs God has put in your heart have really spoken to me and my wife over the last few years. It's nice to be able to read some of your insights.

19 October, 2006 19:58  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes, I find deadlines to be helpful

14 December, 2006 19:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home