Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm back :)

I love this time of year!! I love settling back into the rhythm of the autumn - it feels like everything starts to find it's place again after the busyness of the summer!!!

Our summer was wonderful this year.... not so much the weather - but the things we did :) (living in Northern Ireland means you have to look for the good 'beyond' the weather!!)

I did my first proper tour with Integrity. Up until now I've always said no to touring because my kids really needed me at home - but things are starting to change... it's an exciting season.

SO our summer shaped up like this - at the start of July we went as a family to New Wine Ireland in Sligo, where I led worship for most of the week. Then, we flew over to St Andrews in Scotland, where I led worship for the first half of the week at CLAN gathering, and Alan spoke in the young adults' tent - both superb conferences! And then, I took my first intrepid leap into touring, while Alan stayed on in Scotland with the girls (they had a BLAST!!!)

America was brilliant! I got to lead worship at the worship leader conference in Austin, TX - had the honor of playing with Paul Baloche's band. Then I flew over to Seattle in WA and led worship at Creation West - the most beautiful outdoor venue I have ever led worship at!!! I also met some amazing people - Aaron and Rhonda Barker from New Song church in Tacoma, and had the privilege of having them pray for me (INCREDIBLE STUFF), I also got to lead worship at their church, and we had an amazing time together - and I did a concert at Matt Kees' church there too - I really enjoyed my time in WA. I then went down to Portland for the afternoon and met a lovely bunch of worship leaders from the area.

By this stage I'd been on the road for 16 days, so I made my way up to BC and stayed with Brian and Joyce Doerksen for a couple of days R&R - it was wonderful!

After that I flew over to Buffalo, NY - got to visit Niagra Falls (a bit of a life time ambition!!), lead worship with a wonderful band in Eastern Hills Wesleyan, and lead worship at Kingdom Bound conference - which I LOVED!!!!

It was a brilliant summer!!!! I got home a couple of weeks ago now - and so, the dust of catch up and post travel tiredness has started to settle! Alan is back at work; Sophie is back at school; and I am hanging out with Emily till she starts back too. I feel like order is returning :) And with it, the time to think again... I love it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathryn, it was such a joy to have you at New Song. I was so blessed by your willingness to be yourself. It was contagious and was a catalyst for things to come. Thank you.

04 September, 2008 18:38  
Blogger Kathryn Scott said...

You are so welcome!! I loved every minute of New Song - and I'm thrilled that the Lord did what He did!!!! He's amazing isn't He?! He's only just begun to unfold this particular chapter of the story.... can't wait to hear what He does next :) Kathryn

05 September, 2008 13:27  
Blogger MyMiracle said...

Hello Kathryn:
Your music had been such an inspirational to me. I've been using your songs for my excercises, and it is addictive(good) and energizing, they've carried me through some rough waters of my journey. Hope to meet you one day.
Dara from DM, Iowa.

02 October, 2008 18:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home